What are Layby Sales?
A layby is a sale that allows you to take a deposit from a customer for a product, set that product aside, and let the customer pay it off at a later date. For Layby Sales, the goods are reserved for the customer but they cannot be taken away until they are fully paid off.
How to Place a Sale on Layby?
Note: Before starting working with On Account sales, please make sure that you have enabled On Account Payment add-on as the instruction here.
1. Open bePOS application and login with your email
2. Create a sale order as usual. Refer to the instruction here.
3. Pay for that sale order by tapping on Pay button on Sale screen.
4. On Pay Sale screen, select payment method then enter layby amount. Refer to the instruction how to complete/pay for a sale order here.
5. Tap on Deposit (Layby) button then enter a note to this layby sale order (if any) and confirm Deposit
6. This sale order will be changed to Layby sale order with the detailed payment shown on the right column.
How to retrieve a Layby order?
1. On the menu tab, tap on POS
2. On the POS subtab, select Layby
3. Locate your Layby order from the Layby order list
Note: You can search for a Layby order by entering any keywords (even the product/service name in the order) on the searching bar.
4. Open your Layby order and tap on Pay button
5. Follow the above step 3-6 on How to place a sale on Layby section.
If the customer is paying off the sale entirely, you will need to give them the items in the layby and a final updated receipt.
If the customer is not paying off the sale entirely, click the layby button to put the remaining balance back onto layby.
How to cancel a Layby order?
1. On Layby screen, tap on the icon at the bottom right corner
2. From the option lists, select Cancel this sale
3. Confirm to cancel this sale regardless of negative sale lines
4. The Layby screen shows the deduction for each product and the payment when cancelling this Layby order
5. Pay back the deposited amount for the customer by tapping on PAY. On Pay Layby screen, select payment method and deposited amount.
6. Tap on the green PAY button to complete paying back and cancelling this layby sale order.
Please sign in to leave a comment.