1. Before connecting the printer to your iPad device, please make sure your printer is plugged in and connected to the LAN.
2. Open the printer cover and place the printing paper inside the printer by pulling the release button in the direction of the arrow and simultaneously lifting the cover of the printer.
3. The printer is ready when the signal light is green.
4. Check the printer's current settings by turning off the printer and then turning it on again while holding down the Feed button on the printer for about 3 seconds.
5. The printer's current setting is printed out
This IP identifies the printer as being connected to a particular device.
6. Restart the printer by turning the printer off and then on again while holding the power button for about 5 seconds until the printer prints out the machine's original information.
7. The printer's original setting is printed out.
- IP address: 192.168.192.168
- SubnetMask: 255.255.255.0
Change IP address on iPad
8. On iPad/iPhone, navigate Setting
9. Select Wifi section and tap on the icon next to the wifi network that you iPad is connecting to open the network parameters.
10. On Wifi setting screen, tap on Configure IP line. On Configure IPv4 screen, select Manual and and change Manual IP as following:
- IP address: 192.168.192.xxx (Condition: xxx is from 1-255 and xxx is different from 168 - which is the original IP address of the printer)
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
11. Save changes and exit Setting
Change printer's IP address in iPad
12. Open a website browser on iPad and access printer's IP link: https://192.168.192.168
13. On the left menu, select TCP/IP in Configuration
14. Change Get IP Address option from Manual to Auto
15. Tap on Submit button to save changes.
16. The Configuration Complete screen is shown and request the user to reset the printer by tapping on RESET button on the screen or turn the printer off then on again.
17. Back to Wifi Setting and change Configure IP back to Auto as original.
18. Tap on Save and your printer is now connected with your iPad.
19. Connect your printer with bePOS as the instruction here.
- To set up multiple invoice printer for your store, you must set up each printer as instructed above. Then, your iPad device can connect to multiple printers flexibly.
- To connect multiple iPad/iPhone devices to a single invoice printer, you just need to setup the printer once s instructed above with one iPad/iPhone device. The setting above connects the printer to the Wifi range with other iPad/iPhone devices you are using. Therefore, you can search for the printer on any devices that shares the Wi-Fi network with your store's printer.
* Connect the printer with bePOS
1. Before connecting a printer with bePOS, please make sure that you have setup the printer connected with your iPad/iPhone device as the instruction here.
2. Open bePOS and login under Management permission
3. On the menu bar, select Manage
4. On the left menu, swipe down to the Location name section and select Printers
5. Location name - Printers screen is shown up on the right side showing the list of printers connected to bePOS.
6. Tap on the icon to automatically search for a new available printer. Or, tap on the icon to add a printer manually.
7. bePOS starts searching and shows printers found.
8. Tap on the printer found to open Edit Printer screen and edit:
- Printer Name (if needed)
- Printer language
- Add note (if any)
- Activate/Deactivate/Delete printer
9. Your printer is now connected to bePOS and ready to print per configuration here. You will see the name of the printer displayed in each order.