Perform Takings Reconciliation at the end of a business day or a shift to close off all transactions of the day/the shift, record your payment totals and balance you cash in till.
1. Open bePOS application and log in under Management Authority or Store Employee authorized to Reconcile Takings.
2. On the bottom menu bar, select Payments
3. On Payments subtab, select Takings
4. Among taking list, select the current taking to start reconcilation
5. Current Takings screen is shown with 2 main parts: Non-cash Payment reconciliation and Cash Payment reconciliation
6. Tap on RECONCILE button
7. Reconcile instruction is shown and tap on Continue button
8. Cash up and enter cash amount in till
You can manually count and enter the amount you have checked or click on Cash Up in the top right corner. Select the face value, enter the amount of each face value and click Finish.
9. After cashing up, tap on Reconcile and confirm your action.
10. Takings after reconciliation are shown in takings list with the status 'Reconciled'
After completing reconciliation for this taking, bePOS shows:
- Payment reconciliation
+ Non-cash reconciliation
+ Cash reconciliation: Expected in Till, Counted and Difference (if any)
- Sale summary
11. You can print this taking after reconciliation by tapping on Print button or setup automatically printing option after reconciliation.
Note: If you use more than 1 device at one location, please make sure all devices are connected to the Internet with bePOS application opened. If you just use 1 device, you can reconcile without the Internet access.
You cannot un-do this action after the takings are reconciled.
Note: In some countries, other terms are used in stead of Takings.
- X report: Current Takings which shows you batch information without closing the batch.
- Z report: End of day/shift Takings which commits and closes the batch. This is used after you verify the batch totals using a X. Z can be used after every shift or at the end of the day.
- ZZ report: End of day Takings shows you all Z reports since the last time you ran a ZZ report. The ZZ is most commonly used at the end of the day after all shifts have run their Z's, but it can be used weekly, monthly, or never depending on what your needs are.